Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #312
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormywaters View Post
Working for a small business that turns enough of a profit to pay out 2.5 million a year for 26 employees is stressful. In order to keep pay rates up like that, logically you're employees have to average well over $100k a year profit per person. That's a lot of responsibility, enough to make people vent about the extra little stresses in their lives. How many of the complainers that you work with complain about children's cartoons?

See, that's the thing. Thundercats is a kid's cartoon. It's not perfect, but it's much better fleshed out than the toy commercial that was the original series. For the most part, it's fun to watch. If anything upsets me, I just give it the benefit of the doubt, or write it off.
you are right, but you're sidestepping the point. People complain, because there is always something to complain about. If you're poor, it's because you don't have money. If you're not poor, it's because you have to work hard to stay not poor. I have a fairly easy job that pays fairly well, yet many of my co-workers complain constantly.

Children's cartoons are no more, or less, legitimate a thing to complain about than anything else. Barring of course REAL problems like people in Afghanistan not liking the number of bullets they've encountered recently.

A discussion is a discussion. And in fact, discussion and critical analysis of art is encouraged. And, low brow or not, children's cartoons ARE a form of art, and therefore open to critical analysis. This is NEVER going to be 100% positive. People will always have complaints. And that is okay. It is silly to suggest people can't complain.

The best show in the world could be better, and Thundercats is not considered, even by the people that defend it endlessly, to be the best show in the world.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote