Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #327
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
ok, fair enough, then I agree.

As to Cheetara/Lion-o, I think that's a little unfair for two reasons. One, Lion-o is the main guy, pretty much anything with him is always gonna be about him, so you're basically saying he cant have a relationship on the show.

And secondly, in a 'these characters are real' sense, Lion-o is a KING (in the absolute monarch/divine right to rule sense of the word). This is something that modern social theories, especially ones about equality, can't really take into account. His world, and his people, are about him basically. He has no equal. Barring political changes that a kid's cartoon is unlikely to cover, they CANNOT be his equal. Their relationship, like every other relationship Lion-o will ever have, will always be defined by his position and his authority.
Every single interaction they have does not have to be about Lion-O. Majority is a given, but all of it?
Yes he is a King, but the way the relationship is presented on the show does not have to depict complete and total dominant/submissive. That's why I think I'll be a bit more open to a relationship between L/P . Crush or not, I don't think I'll have to see her just turn her head down if Lion-O does something wrong. I understand he is the ruler, but I just don't want to see it portrayed that way. It wont be any fun for ME. I personally wont like it. The writers can depict their realtionships how ever they please, but that doesnt mean I will like it
We've seen Lion-O in a supportive role before. Why cant we see him do that in a romantic relationship as well? It would be a nice insight to his character.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote