Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #338
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Okay, this might sound kind of mean, but I'm not trying to push it that way.

Part of my point is I'm not sure where the line would be good enough for you. If he orders his LI around like a soldier (which she is likely to be, given the nature of the plot) 90% of the time, and is supportive and nice 10% of the time, is that okay?

My point is that the plot is what it is, a coming of age story about Lion-o, and his position is what it is, abolute monarch. Of course they should have scenes where he helps whoever his love interest is, but it's very likely these scenes would still be about Lion-o, rather than whoever his love interest is. In the end the balance will always swing his way, due to both the story that is being told, and 'reality.' How balanced is balanced enough for you?

Because of what this show is, I think you'd have to work very, very hard to depict anyone as equal to Lion-o.
Example:
Lion-O helps Pumyra come to terms with what happened to her. Not only does Lion-O get a first hand view of what his people have been put through and how something like that can damage a person, but it also shows him another reason why he needs to be a good King, thus furthering his development as King and showing another side of his relationship with Pumyra, or whoever.
If they bother to try, his relationship as King does not have to uh, extend to his romantic ones. Maybe purposely make it an issue, and then work something interesting into it. I think it's possible to give him a romantic relationship that wont be defined by his role as King.
I know I'm not going to get what I want, but asking for a little more give and take from the relationships isn't absurd. You know what, as far as that goes, I'll probably never be happy. Fine, though I spend most of my time here talking about the romance, I do enjoy the show for other reasons.

Last edited by Chique; 05-09-2012 at 10:27 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote