Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #347
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Example:
Lion-O helps Pumyra come to terms with what happened to her. Not only does Lion-O get a first hand view of what his people have been put through and how something like that can damage a person, but it also shows him another reason why he needs to be a good King, thus furthering his development as King and showing another side of his relationship with Pumyra, or whoever.
If they bother to try, his relationship as King does not have to uh, extend to his romantic ones. Maybe purposely make it an issue, and then work something interesting into it. I think it's possible to give him a romantic relationship that wont be defined by his role as King.
I know I'm not going to get what I want, but asking for a little more give and take from the relationships isn't absurd. You know what, as far as that goes, I'll probably never be happy. Fine, though I spend most of my time here talking about the romance, I do enjoy the show for other reasons.
I basically agree with you, but I'm not sure what 'equality' you're talking about. Do you just mean dominance in the relationship? Or who's issues are being dealt with? Or who's POV is given weight?

Because for dominance and POV, it's pretty much always gonna be Lion-o, for the reasons I stated above. But if you're talking who's issues they're working through, then yeah, it would be nice if that was balanced.

I disagree that his position as king doesn't have to affect his romantic ones. It's not a job you go home from. I would like it though if they made it an issue and then deal with it well like you said.

I don't think it's absurd, it just depends what exactly you're asking for. It will always be defined by Lion-o, but it would be nice if he deals with other people's crap sometimes too. Tygra's episode being a good example. This is a funny show, and I put very little past them. They do an enormous amount of really stupid thing, but they also do a lot of things really well, and you can never guess what will be good each weekend. It's that inconsistency that frustrates the hell out of me, but it's the potential that keeps me watching.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 05-09-2012 at 11:06 PM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote