TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #136
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panth-ro View Post
This is probably already known, but i havent been following the threads about this cartoon.

After watching the episodes a second time, i feel that Clawdus is the original Lion-O's son. Wouldnt the original Lion-O name his son after his father and Clawdus names his son after his father. So this series Lion-O is the grandson of the 80s Lion-O. Clawdus also tells Lion-O, you hold in your hands what built the Thundercats empire. Clawdus states that it was the Thundercats who first defeated Mumm-Ra and brought law and order to a world of warring animals. So this proves that this is certainly a sequel to the original series. Thats how i feel anyway.

Also it looks like the Thundara city is built around the original series' Cat's Lair.

Also Lion-O seems to understand Snarf. I bet a future episode speaks of Snarfs that could once speak.

And technology is no longer used, but there is bits of technology scatter around Third Earth, it had to come from somewhere probably the past and Lion-O says as cubs there were stories of flying ships. Isnt that how the Thundercats came to Third Earth in the original series.
*sigh* no. This is a re-imagining. There is absolutely no connection from this story to the old one. The part where Claudus goes "It was the Thundercats who blah blah" Just means previous Thundercats. The old OS group and the new group are not, and have never been the ONLY Thundercats. Every generation has a different group of Thundercats. Lion-O is a Thundercat, Claudus is a Thundercat, Claudus's dad was a Thundercat, his dad's dad was a Thundercat, his dad's dad's dad was a Thundercat, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited by Balgus82; 07-30-2011 at 04:18 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote