Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #99
OmenBill
CyberGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Have Lion-O try to persuade his brothers girlfriend to date him instead? That would make Lion-O look like a really shitty brother.

You make the female Thundercats sound like commodities. Lol, when was she not nice and caring? In what situation since this season premiered, has Cheetara been unreasonable with Lion-O?
Surrendering and undermining her kings decision against the generals in episode 14. Despite previously choosing to help him in this battle. Not to mention her earlier quote of keeping up the pressure against the enemy.

Kinda hypocritical of her there.

Not being able to protect Lion-O her king later on in episode 15, since he fell to his death. Despite her clerical duty as well as Jaga's wish in keeping an eye on him and keeping him safe.

Well done there.

Her complete lack of faith in somehow Lion-O being alive, since she thought he was soo different in those first episodes. Her playing mediator in keeping the team together is gone as well, as she continues to persuade Wily Kit there is no hope for him returning, despite her resolve in believing in him while they're in prison. Hope was definitely something they needed in there situation especially for the kid cats, even if it was hopeless.

I'm sorry but Cheetara's character is much like this series, she lacks consistency. I don't know where she stands anymore, or what she's going to do next. She says one thing, then acts differently in the same episode or visa versa.

As for this episode itself, if you guys watch that otaku assemble guy on youtube he reviews this series this episodes review pretty much matches my feelings on it. Minus the dramatic headache pauses.

Plus to add Mumm-ra has no problem knocking down the whole team minus 1 in his elderly and weak form first, but when Lion-O is thrown into the mix, even transformed he couldn't do the same thing? Or the Generals being such a threat in previous episodes only to be out done by Lion-O altogether. It seems like every fight now relies on plot convienience. There's no real advantage that I see from either side, unless the plot says the bad guys are gonna win this time.

Plus there really was no mourning time for the team after Lion-O's death. I mean Claudus, Jaga's and Emeric's deaths all seemed very significant to the characters, these were the deaths of the secondary characters. Now when one of the main cast does die (even if we did know he was going to come back) the team save for Wily Kit show very little if any emotion about it. Tygra references him to motivate the team, but really he's more emotional on how every mission worked for Lion-O and not him than the actual loss. Cheetara I already mentioned, I figured Panthro being the soldier he is already knows about loss so he wouldn't break down or anything, but at least acknowledge something about the death. I mean these guys are not only a team, but really a family. They're all they have right now, and if a member goes I'd think it have more of an impact.

I'm really trying to enjoy this series as much as I did in the first few episodes but it's getting harder to.

Last edited by OmenBill; 04-08-2012 at 02:40 PM..
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote