Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #4740
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Cheetara looked so bad already at this point like a Ho, especially in kids eyes eventhoug kids may not really relize what is a Ho. If she will not make things good with Lion-O or making her stay with Tygra without any care towards Lion-O's feelings (the worst of worst case scenario like that I did, will make the triangle a bit too heavy for kids in my oppinion, as all three of them we will be seeing alot), considering all the things she did with Lion-O were still fresh in Lion-O and her minds, That will make her character worst especially in kids eyes. Its like "okay forget Lion-O, now I am with Tygra". Kids see Lion-O/Cheetara more as a romantic couple than Tygra/Cheetara, with all that build up with Lion-O/Cheetara thing.

One of the reasons they have this Tygra/cheetara thing at the end was to show kids that you must not forget someone that already had a good deed to you from the past, before moving on, thus the thank you kiss. One of the lessons for kids. Thus the next lesson will be the moving on with Lion-O part, and making things good with Lion-O too.

They wanted to suprise us with Ep13 ending aside from the lesson for kids thing, so they will not do T/C angle again next that will be too predictable as cleary they wanted to be unpredictable with the story, as they also changed the title of Ep14 from "lost causes" to "NEw Alliances". The Cheetara has chosen Tygra comment, I am sure there's alot more whether its a dialogue twist, She has chosen twice, the truth of her choices, etc to it as with all the analysis, facts,data and discussions.

I really don't think many 6-11 boys (which is the main target audience) will really care one way or the other about ships. They watch for the action. I also don't think they'll read into those scenes as much as an adult might.

IMO I think the love triangle was placed in there mostly for the fans of the OS who always wondered why Cheetara never hooked up with anyone.

Last edited by Balgus82; 01-14-2012 at 06:34 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote