Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #260
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Ok, ehm, no to step on anyone's toes. It would be BORING to overpower the SoO so often as shown in the TOS. Old Lion-O wileded his sword and voilá, the foes are gone. I like that he has to "work" and not rely on the magic of the sword.

Just watch it as it is, don't overanalyse it and keep watching.

And to all others: I really am about to quit here, since I see only people whining about this or that. You know what I do? *takes rose tinted glasses and crush it under the foot*. TC2011 brought me here to enjoy. Be grateful that you'll get to see a new TC series for a long time and that the new series wins new fans. If any of can do it better, go ahead. I wanna see that. But effing stop whining about the stories and the T/C relation inconsistencies. If you wanna please everyone, you'll please noone at the end.

To be honest, TOS TC wasn't my favourite, I never liked the repetitive easy defeat of Mumm-ra and his minions, I hated OldSnarf, I hated the fact, that they rub the lessons into your face at the end of each episode and that the zeitgeist was that they think 80's kids are so dumb.

I like that the characters in TC2011 aren't perfect, but they are more relatable and that not everything was hunky-dory. Fine if you got a problem with it, but don't sour the enjoyment for others.
That is how 80 cartoons were done.

This is a message board or forum. If people want to whine they can.

Isn't the job of the writers to make a good story? If fans complain about say a NBA or NFL team, are you going to tell them to go out there and play? They don't have the same skill level.

After Steelers (fan of) won the SB, Steelers fans were finding something to complain about. It is what it is.

The writers are paid to write a story, we are not. People have a right to complain.

I don't think lion-o worked to win in episode 20. It was over fast IMO.
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote