Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #299
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
Ok, ehm, no to step on anyone's toes. It would be BORING to overpower the SoO so often as shown in the TOS. Old Lion-O wileded his sword and voilá, the foes are gone. I like that he has to "work" and not rely on the magic of the sword.

Just watch it as it is, don't overanalyse it and keep watching.
I agree with you, but there was always more to the SoO than just 'it's a strong sword' It's magical, it had more power in the other weird things it could do than in its blade, and I think they've lost a bit of that here. I don't think many new fans are going to come out of this series as completely in love with the SoO as so many fans did from the original series.

The way they've done it here, it's basically no different than any other magic sword in any other series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderian scholar View Post
And to all others: I really am about to quit here, since I see only people whining about this or that. You know what I do? *takes rose tinted glasses and crush it under the foot*. TC2011 brought me here to enjoy. Be grateful that you'll get to see a new TC series for a long time and that the new series wins new fans. If any of can do it better, go ahead. I wanna see that. But effing stop whining about the stories and the T/C relation inconsistencies. If you wanna please everyone, you'll please noone at the end.

To be honest, TOS TC wasn't my favourite, I never liked the repetitive easy defeat of Mumm-ra and his minions, I hated OldSnarf, I hated the fact, that they rub the lessons into your face at the end of each episode and that the zeitgeist was that they think 80's kids are so dumb.

I like that the characters in TC2011 aren't perfect, but they are more relatable and that not everything was hunky-dory. Fine if you got a problem with it, but don't sour the enjoyment for others.
Okay, no offense, but get over yourself. What do you think message boards are? If people were actually just supposed to accept things as they are, we could happily do that without the internet. Message boards are for discussion, and no discussion is ever going to agree 100%, or be 100% positive. If you even begin to believe that you're fooling yourself. And if you don't want to see bitching, then why are you on a message board?

And you're right, you can't please everyone. But too many people use that as an excuse to say things can't be better. Guess what? Things CAN be better. There are shows out there that please far more people than Thundercats does. I'm not planning to drop the show, but people do have legitimate complaints. And message boards are designed for people to air their legitimate complaints.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote