Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #227
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDustyV View Post
hi, author of said fanfic here *waves*

I read over the thread that my fic was mentioned in, and I must say some of the comments were rather insulting to me, but I've been ripped far worse for my Harry Potter/Hermione Granger favoring fics, and don't get me started on the Digimon pairing wars or the Avatar Kataang vs Zutara slamfests... being called a "Butthead Lion-O fanboy" is like throwing a piece of cotton. Meh.

I *DO* like Tygra. I do, but he *is* an arrogent jerk who from what I *interperated* from the first eps was a lady's cat. They have done NOTHING to discourage this, nor have they incouraged it. Tygra in my opinion up until now isn't a BAD character. But he's definately not the bright and morning star like a lot of the fans I've encountered on the lair make him out to be. He's just more in the anti-hero class than straight up hero. Nothing wrong with that. That said, sorry, I'm not one of the bow down to the Tygra alter fangirls and fanboys. BUT Tygra in my opinion is the Yen to Lion O's Yang. he's the Zuko to Lion O's Aang. Yet I will say I am disappointed with the way his character has grown or lack there of, so far. Pairing wise, I honestly do not buy the whole falling for each other with a few stolen moments through the years, nor do I buy that he knew that was Cheetara in the pilot. The Clerics ALL looked exactly a like in their outfits, how the heck could he tell? Relationships take time and effort, popping in every couple years and saying hi and dropping a flower in her lap does not a relationship make.

If they prove me wrong in the coming eps, showing that Cheetara knows Tygra and vice versa better than I've seen with provided info, great on them. I'm keeping my mind open for the future but they have a lot of work to do convence me on that.

Back to my story, this was my INTERPRETATION in a FANFICTION, note key words capped. yeah I had no factual backing, but that's the point of fanfiction. is it not? And if someone doesn't like it, I'm sorry but there's plenty of other fics out there. Someone want a girls bonding fic, I've got one in mind just have to plot it all the way out. I only had a plot bunny of this one where Pumyra had a history with Tygra back in his less then honorable days in between the so called "Stolen moments". I thought it would be interesting to write someone point out that she MIGHT NOT know Tygra as well as she thinks she does. I did not write that she ran back to Lion O, I didn't write Cheetara run up and kick Tygra in the nadds, I just ran with Cheetara's past history of a possible jump too soon. No brake ups, no fights, just a lil food for thought. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This is exactly why I tend to not go over to the lair anymore..... Sorry for the rant but some of the Tygra worshippers on TCL do bug the snot out of me...

I've never read any Tcats fanfic, but I agree here. While there's no evidence to support that Tygra's a player, there's no evidence to disprove it either so it's more than open to interpretation in fanfic.
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote