TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #37
englishw
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER JEDI View Post
Its $52 shipped. From Singapore thats gunna be over $12 just for flatrate shipping. Do the math and youre paying around $39 for the figure. When the sdcc toys r us version was released, it was $39.99 + shipping. With this version you get basically the same accessories as the sdcc version, with the chrome plated swords and a weapons stand(in red this time). This figure was never released in the original line and I think its really awseome that they made this figure with the tooling they already had, since the line is dead and no new molds will be made at this point. I think money is no object for true fans and collectors. Get it or don't get it, just don't cry about it when they're $200 on ebay and you missed a chance of getting it retail price. It's evil Lion-o guys...come on.
Yeah, I did the math. I paid $15 for my first one and then $7 for my second one to keep in package. I thought the SDCC version was overpriced as well, so I didn't get that. Yeah, I'd like to have the crome sword, but not at that price. If I really want an evil Lion-O in a scale that I'll never have other figures in, I'll pick up a discount regular Classics 8" and paint it myself. Actually, the 6" Classics would make a better evil Lion-O, IMHO... maybe I'll pick one of those up and do a repaint myself. Fun project, better finished product, and a heck of a lot cheaper. I don't see this one being worth a lot way down the line. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to take that risk.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote