Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #192
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sining View Post
Finally managed to watch the episode in full.
Also, was it just me or did ancient Mumm-ra actually seem...fond of Leo? "I'd hate to have to replace you" sounds like it was actually spoken with real emotion. Suddenly I have this weird image of Mumm-ra as a father figure and he keeps trying to teach the cats to forgo emotion and seek power instead (emotion VS cold logic I guess) and the cats keep defying him, causing him no end of frustration. Even in the end, when he's talking to Lion-O, he doesn't sound like he wants to kill Lion-O because of any personal reason.
Hmm, to me it rarther seemed like he considers him a favourite pet, but an animal nonetheless. He rather sounded cold and scary there, and I can imagine he was thinking "My, if Leo gets all emotional too, I have to kill him and train myself a new commander, and that takes ages..."

I loved the scene where Leo uses his authority to get the splinters from the rats. As I have just translated episode 07, these two episodes are really getting connected in my memory.

Also... did the spirits take over the blacksmith's body, or just empower him to be able to forge the sword?

Quote:
Which brings me to his speech. "Will you be the first of your kind to forsake emotion for power?" Um...what about the Tigers?? Okay, I guess it could be argued that they forsook everything cause of pride, which is an emotion. But I have to wonder at his phrase. Being 'the first of his kind' is sort of a red flag, does that mean there WILL be some cat who will forsake emotion for power later on? And who will it be? Someone not shown yet? Or one of the cast? It won't be Lion-O because that's just now how his char is built and it shows in this episode.
It's even more weird that Mumm-Ra says that when he knows Lion-O would not be the first... Grune was. He betrayed his king and his best friend to gain the power he desired.

Quote:
Also, a few people have been talking about which one Panthera seems more like, Cheetara or Pumyra. My own personal opinion is Cheetara; their names even sound more familiar. But more because when Panthera chides Leo, she does so calmly while Pumyra is far more likely to snark; see all the time she calls Lion-O king derisively.
IMHO she is totally different from both. She has a very strong personality (episode 7 kinda shows her as a taskmaster for the animals) and a no-nonesense attitude, and she speaks what's on her mind, but she also can be gentle and caring towards Leo. Anyway, it's rather pointless to compare her to others, as she is long gone.
I am more curious about how the whole "only lions can be kings" bloodline thing started, because obviously, Leo's love was not a lion. Probably as time passed, myths and legends obscured the role Panthera played in the rebellion, placing all glory on Leo and thus the lions? Also, I'd like to learn just how long ago was it that the ship crashed... since everyone forgot about Mumm-Ra's pyramid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousIncognito View Post
Yeah, the comments from Dan Norton and others did leave a bad taste in the mouths of many fans. The show might have had better viewer numbers if the staff didn't publicly bash the characters. It just takes away their credibility.
You do realize that most viewers never watch interviews and just turn on the TV to see what's on? As much as you'd like to think, this show is made for a new audience. We can be glad it has so many callbacks and homages to the old series, but it is made FOR KIDS. They are the ones who'll be buying the toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
You should be used to this by now seeing as such inconsistently in characterisation is now a trademark of the show.
If the plot requires it then character development will regress, no matter how strange it seems.
Really? So you think it is perfectly reasonable that after watching people you cared for die around you, getting worked to death or sent to die for the rats in the mines by getting the sword... you forget about it and never ever bring it up to the king who (let's face it) went on a revenge-quest after his father died and forgot about any and all survivors? Remember how Lion-O wanted to leave the kittens behind in episode 3?

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 05-14-2012 at 04:18 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote