TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #197
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Okay, this episode is a perfect example of everything that is wrong, and everything that is right with this show. It was a lot of fun to watch, but it was RIDDLED with plot-holes, character inconsistencies, and just plain not doing the damn research.

1. The galaxy thing. The writers are clearly morons who didn't do the most basic scientific research on what a galaxy versus a solar system is. They continuously call what they're destroying a galaxy, and the animation depicts a galaxy, yet every single time they describe it, they are describing a SOLAR SYSTEM. They need to destroy one star which supports ten planets, three of which have life on them. That is a SOLAR SYSTEM. Destroying one star would not even come CLOSE to producing enough energy to destroy a galaxy. The difference in scale is so huge as to be meaningless. Also, as others have pointed out, if he can destroy galaxies, he doesn't need a sword. Full stop.

2. What the hell happened to Pumyra? I'm actually glad she regressed, because I think she was too nice too fast last episode, but unfortunately in light of last episode, she just comes off as schizophrenic for no reason.

-On a somewhat separate note, I'm completely with Pumyra as far as the slaves go. Does no one among the thundercats even care about their people? Greater good or no, they just kept ignoring her points about the slaves and side-stepping the issue. I get the whole 'good of the many' thing, but when the few in question is most of your species, then that's not quite few enough to sacrifice them for the many.

3. Was anyone in the episode actually seeing the flashbacks? It seems like they actually had nothing to do with the plot. In Legacy, Lion-o was experiencing the flashbacks. But in this, other than a sense of death and destruction, I'm not sure Lion-o, or anyone in the story, was actually aware of the flashbacks.

4. Really? They tried splitting up? Splitting up NEVER works in media. EVER. And Lion-o actually gave the weapon the demon-creature wanted to a girl who had absolutely no way of defending against said demon-creature if he caught up to her? That was just a dumb scene.

All that aside, it was still pretty fun, so I guess whatever.

On a side note, anyone else think we may have just seen the hammer of thundera?
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote