Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #68
Burning Bright
Tyger, Tygra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowknight1 View Post
Okay...I'm confused here. Is Mumm-ra ordering the destruction of a solar system or a galaxy? Cause he says "STAR" but they're looking at the center of a GALAXY. Galactic centers, while having multitudes of stars, WILL NOT HAVE HABITABLE PLANETS, and whatever device he launches will be lost because a galactic center has millions of BLACK HOLES. For fuck's sakes, didn't any of the writers take basic astronomy?
I believe the more pertinent question is - have you?

Before the current prevailing theory of what is at the center of our galaxy and others, the previous prevailing theory was that the bright bulbous center of our galaxy (and other spiral galaxies) contained millions of stars, not Black Holes.

The current prevailing theory of what is at the center of all galaxies is a supermassive black hole (with binary supermassive black holes in a few, generally the result of a galactic merger).

Due to the density of a supermassive black hole, it is theoretically possible for a star to exist within a galactic center. It is highly improbable, however (massive understatement). For such a star to also be able to support planets with life on them, it would have to have several very unique qualities.

It is more likely that if the writers of the show received a formal education in basic astronomy, that such a course would have taught the previous prevailing theory of what is at the center of our galaxy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowdheart View Post
Maybe they'll fix the dialogue later?
That seems unlikely. Few television shows or movies have their dialogue changed within a week of public viewing. Dialogue changes after that are usually reserved for censored versions of movies shown on television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Mumm-Ra seems to care more about Leo than the other ancient Thundercats, including Panthera.
Given what we know of Mumm-Ra's personality, it's probably due to Leo's competence and loyalty as a servant. Even when Leo questions Mumm-Ra's choice, it's only apparently done as a question of whether the action best serves Mumm-Ra's interests. I doubt anything else would matter to Mumm-Ra at that point.

If Mumm-Ra had any living relatives at that point in time, I imagine he would be just as likely to harm or kill them for impeding his plans as he would anything else.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote