Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #144
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
One that sings and cries ! That was a cute baby.

I know some people feel put out with the lack of emotion from Claudus after the Queen died, but I think he was holding it in for Tygra's sake. Or maybe he struggles with showing emotion?

Love an episode that can make me laugh and cry. I feel like Javan was the most emotionally driven character we've ever met. Sucks that the clan ended like that.
On that note, who thinks were going to get a reset button at the end of the series? Didn't the writers confirm that there were very few cats left? Are they gonna just die off in a few generations?
I think Claudus was a stoic. That's how I read his character from the premiere as well. I think he had a strong focus on duty, responsibility, and keeping his 'leader face' on at all times. That kind of personality can be rough in emotional scenes like that, but I did feel like it was very in character for him.

I'm also sad that they killed Javan so quickly. I've come to appreciate in the last few years how much having LIVING family members can contribute to a plot. And I think having Tygra's living father would have been an interesting counterpoint to Claudus in the flashbacks.

I don't know if they've confirmed there are a small number of cats left, but I've got to imagine we're going to get one of a few things:
1. a handwave since it's a kid show that they'll be perfectly okay rebuilding their society with two or three females. Even though that makes no sense.

2. A new thundera thing where all of the sudden it will be discovered that there are a fairly large number of cats left, they were just scattered, and they'll all come back and rebuild thundera.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote