TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #133
RedAlert Rescue
Thunder Kitty
I thought this was a fairly decent episode.

I enjoyed Rattaro but thought perhaps he might have had a more forceful voice talent than he did. I guess they made him sound cultured so the other rat could sound well more scavanish.

If I was not so turned off by the glossy semi-inflexible plastic Bandai use I'd like a toy of some the Rats.

Shame Bandai are pretty terrible at making actionfigures they proably need to get some new designers and use different materials - using Power Rangers style engineering on Thundercats neither suits the style of the fun factor they should have (but don't) they feel like a throw back to 80s Kenner figures - they are a representation of the character rather than an embodiment of them.

Perhaps I just need to hope one day sideshow Collectables or someone like that will be allowed to make super premium version of the characters, and I can overlook the slight mediocrity of many current Thundercats toys.

I do feel it's a shame though as the Original figures especially ones like The Snowman, Rattaro, or Slyth still look fantastic (limited joints or not) the current ones seem like they made them down to a very low cost and didn't give any consideration that if they'd done a better job they could have had a really appeal to both the real youngsters they'd like to appeal to and adult collectors.

I fully intended to go completist on the TC toyline but I'm finding it difficult to do so when the show and toyline seem at odds with each other.
RedAlert Rescue is offline   Reply With Quote