TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #124
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Finally managed to watch the episode in full.

A few things to note. Did anyone else catch Tygra and Cheetaras face after Lion-O said they'll split up? Those are some unhappy cats. Panthro's the only one to call him out on it though but he gives in; probably a sign he's acknowledging Lion-O as king.

Also, was it just me or did ancient Mumm-ra actually seem...fond of Leo? "I'd hate to have to replace you" sounds like it was actually spoken with real emotion. Suddenly I have this weird image of Mumm-ra as a father figure and he keeps trying to teach the cats to forgo emotion and seek power instead (emotion VS cold logic I guess) and the cats keep defying him, causing him no end of frustration. Even in the end, when he's talking to Lion-O, he doesn't sound like he wants to kill Lion-O because of any personal reason.

Which brings me to his speech. "Will you be the first of your kind to forsake emotion for power?" Um...what about the Tigers?? Okay, I guess it could be argued that they forsook everything cause of pride, which is an emotion. But I have to wonder at his phrase. Being 'the first of his kind' is sort of a red flag, does that mean there WILL be some cat who will forsake emotion for power later on? And who will it be? Someone not shown yet? Or one of the cast? It won't be Lion-O because that's just now how his char is built and it shows in this episode.

Also, a few people have been talking about which one Panthera seems more like, Cheetara or Pumyra. My own personal opinion is Cheetara; their names even sound more familiar. But more because when Panthera chides Leo, she does so calmly while Pumyra is far more likely to snark; see all the time she calls Lion-O king derisively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
It doesn't matter that Lion-O didn't want it. Heck that probably made it worse. Someone getting something you want so much and he doesn't even actually want it, but yet you still can't have it.

Honestly if Lion-O had wanted it I think he and Tygra would've gotten along a little better (though still not totally) because then at least Lion-O would've taken his duties more seriously growing up.
So if I'm rich, I deserve to be hated by poor people simply because I'm rich? WTF? Sounds like the main villain from Princess Lover, who was a dumbass.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote