TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #328
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
You're correct. It helps that it is Batman. I heard a mix of reviews on the Brave and Bold.

WW movie didn't sell that well.

I believe the approach of how they did this seires is what hurts them. As a kid, I liked lion-o because he was great and he was at the front of everything. You knew he was the hero of the show. I don't get that from this seires. Kids want their heros to be cool and awesome. Lion-o isn't. The first toy we bought of the old TCats was Lion-o. Second one depend on the kid. I had cheetara next.

The ratings are simular to the ratings of others shows and they spent a lot on the animation in this show.
The movie got some good numbers, but it was a slow seller. As far as reviews and word of mouth goes, the movie was pretty darn good. DC Doesn’t Want to Animate Super-Heroines ยป DVDs Worth Watching
I don't see why small children wouldnt find Lion-O cool. He jumps around with a power sword that shoots beams. I remember my little brother used to pretend he could shoot spirit bombs like Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Lion-O's THUNDERCATS HO sequence is just as cool as that.
I'm not sure if "being Batman" helped that series. The biggest complaint was "THIS IS NOT MY BATMAN". It was drastically different from what we'd come to expect from the franchise, and the corny jokes ticked a lot of fans off. Eh, take it for what it is, and then you can try to enjoy it.