Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #186
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Like SirSapphire said, Tygra was pretty clear why he wanted to go with Cheetara, and it wasn't the sword. He wanted to spend time with her. Which was creepy. Are they going out of their way to present their relationship like some creepy watching your parents make out thing? They're so unnatural. I was a T/C supporter (for plot reasons more than 'shipping') and am glad of it, but it's just so weirdly done.

They might do this duel thing, but I don't want to see it, because different sword or no, it's functionally the same thing they did in the Astral Plane where the two of them fought with copies of the Sword of Omens.

You're right about anime, though I'm hoping they don't go that way here. The triangle was bad, let it die. Pumyra and Lion-o has been oddly fast, but if it breaks the triangle I'm all for it. Although I pray they don't start making all the weird innuendo like Tygra and Cheetara. I agree that they're showing their relationship very strangely if they plan to make it permanent. It's just being written in that standard 'destined to fail' way.

P.S. what was wrong with legend of Korra? It was definitely fast, but I assume that's because this first season is basically the original 12 episode mini-series.
What's creepy about wanting to spend time with your girlfriend? It's not like he stalled the mission in order to make goo-goo eyes, they were still actively looking for the sword. It's not like Tygra put it on the back burner, he just got a little mushy with the one liners

I found it a bit corny, but not creepy. I found him turning out to be a cornball hilarious.

Care to shoot me some examples of this destined to fail trope? I watch anime, but apparently I don't watch enough. You know what, could it be something similar to the way Mako and Asami are unfolding on "Korra"? All the rubbing noses and the "sweety" stuff seems out of place in the Avatar world, but Sokka and Suki (original avatar series) were not immune to mushy romance either .

Last edited by Chique; 05-07-2012 at 11:36 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote