Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #188
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
What's creepy about wanting to spend time with your girlfriend? It's not like he stalled the mission in order to make goo-goo eyes, they were still actively looking for the sword. It's not like Tygra put it on the back burner, he just got a little mushy with the one liners

I found it a bit corny, but not creepy. I found him turning out to be a cornball hilarious.

Care to shoot me some examples of this destined to fail trope? I watch anime, but apparently I don't watch enough. You know what, could it be something similar to the way Mako and Asami are unfolding on "Korra"? All the rubbing noses and the "sweety" stuff seems out of place in the Avatar world, but Sokka and Suki (original avatar series) were not immune to mushy romance either .
Spending time with his girlfriend wasn't creepy it was the way it was done. And don't get too hung up on the word, I'm not trying to attack it seriously, I'm just saying the way they did it was weird. It sounded, and felt, like when your parents are romantic in front of you. You know what I mean? They make all these weird innuendos that you don't quite understand because you're a kid, but you SORT OF understand and it gives you the oogies to hear your parents talk about that?

That was the feeling I got. I'm not saying 'the writing was bad' or anything, it just was so corny to me that it was more embarrassing than endearing.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote