Thread: WIP Thunderswords
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #23
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
Hi rchrz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrz60 View Post
Do we have any updates on this one? Mass productions, or how you will be offereing? Will these be available painted and unpainted?
These will be offered at my shapeways store that I'm just about to open. I have just uploaded the changes but wanted to order the set again to make sure it was done correctly before I open up the items for purchase. I would hate to have people receive them and then not be satisfied. The swords fit Lion-Os hand perfectly or as good as the factory toy, but my main concern was to make sure that the small sword fit in the Thunderclaw. I'll update this thread ASAP as soon as it's tested.

These will be unpainted because they will be coming directly from Shapeways and not me. I'll be posting instructions on how to apply color. I did as you can see from the pics raised or cut into the plastic so you can easily paint in the symbol or the eye.

Quote:
I just thought of another question for you, or anyone else that wants to answer for that matter. I was wondering if anyone had plans on making or offering a Sword of Omens stand, like the one offered with the SDCC Lion-O? I would love to have one with my figure, but I cannot afford the $75 and up price tag, besides I actually like the normal paint colors as opposed to the SDCC metallic color.
Funny you ask... I'm actually working on the stands seen in the cartoon. From what I can tell there's three versions. One that was in the escape ship from Thundera, one in the sword display room next to the Cat's lair control room (SDCC version) and then there's a small stand next to Lion-Os bed.

I was planning on making them for myself but if people are interested, I'll gladly upload it to Shapeways also. I'm not sure on the costs yet. I'd hate to give an estimate and be way off.

What I really want to make is a samoflange!

Quote:
Hey I just noticed that the Eye of Thundera seems to be open more on your middle or transition sword, did it turn out that way on the actual piece or just the drawing? I'm still really excited about these as I think they are better than what is offered.
The eye is more open by design. I tried to make the middle sword as different as possible so it'll be worth it for me to have. That's why I made it a bit longer also.

I'm so happy that they finally made an awesome version of Lion-O that I wanted to make sure the quality of the items I want to add is up to par. hopefully....

I haven't had time to get Tygra... he looks great also. I can't wait for the rest of the gang. I'm hoping Cheetara is next.

Last edited by >EXO<; 09-20-2011 at 07:56 AM..
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote