TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

Thread: WIP Thunderswords
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #45
>EXO<
Thunder Kitty
Oh man! VEGAS!! Just got back last nite from my buddy's wedding and I'm thoroughly exhausted. But it was great because my friend the groom, the best man and I are all toy nerds that make stuff for Shapeways and we were talking about the swords and one suggested that I split up the sword into 2 materials. I think it was Cat's pajamas that suggested I make the swords tranclucent and it can be bought in FD/FUD (Frosted Detail or Ultra Detail) which is somewhat tranclucent. But what I'm gonna do is put up the sword with a hole for the Eye of thundera as an option. And I'll make that a seperate piece. I'm not sure yet how this will affect the price but I'll do my best to keep it the same. They do charge a start up cost per material... that isn't my choice. But I'll make sure I keep every option possible so you can all decide for yourselves.

As far as materials, they are all sandable to be smooth and paintable. Though some materials need extra cleaning for painting. WSF is also really dyable using RIT clothes dye. I'll put up links for that later.

My preffered materials are
WSF (white strong and flexible) - a nylon type material that is really strong, you can still break it by force but it can retain it's shape and resist a good amount of heat.

WFSP (polished vesrion of WSF) - this is my favorite. A polished version of WSF but it does lose a small amount of detail due to polishing process.

WSF + color - a dyed version of WSF... not available in polished

FUD - Frosted Ultra detail... I really like this material because of all the detail it can produce, but they just raised the price and it was already more expensive to begin with but for small statues this is what I get and it's really worth it. FD is the less detailed version.

Metals... don't know about these... too expensive for me.

The ones there now are for the 8 inches. I made a few minor changes last night for those and uploaded them to the store because I got the protos while I was gone. I also bought the 4 and 6 inch versions of Lion at a Walmart in Vegas... so I'll make those adjustments tonight... ugh. Couldn't resist.

New pictures up soon.

I'm going to make final adjustments tonight hopefully I'll be done tomorrow if not the next day.

I hope I replied to all inquiries, if not hit me up. I should be around the next few days.

Thanks!
>EXO< is offline   Reply With Quote