TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #270
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
I dunno about that. In pretty much all of his apperances, Panthro kicked ass. Lizards keep flying when he runs into the fray, and he even went toe-to-toe with Mumm-Ra himself! Not to mention the way he defeated Grune, sacrificing his own hands.
So he's afraid of water and heights, so what. It gives him some character depth rather then being simply the badass in all things.
NS Panthro was given a few spots and then reduced to comedic filler after the Berbil episode (where he got his go go gadget arms.) If you don't see that then you and I are obviously watching two different shows.

Writing in that he has some phobias is not character depth. Showing his history with Grune and how he was betrayed is. Sadly that is pretty much all we got for Panthro (which is at least more then we got for Cheetara).

In all honesty I don't need that huge amount of character depth here. Its a cartoon after all. It should be fun, not trying to be realistic or super high in intellect. Its "fantasy". People want everything to be so realistic now a days that it takes away from the creativity of it all. That's one of the reasons why I love the OS so much. Some of the stuff on there is so off the wall but that's what I want from a "fantasy". To be able to let go of reality and immerse myself in a world where all those things are possible, like cyborg ewoks who eat candy fruit.

Edit: I just wanted to add that there ARE animated series I go to for intellectual stimulation. Anime's like Darker then Black and Ghost in the Shell. Hell even Gundam Wing had a lot of political over tones. But I see Thundercats and cartoons like it on a different level. I go to one for some things and to the other for other things. Two different experiences. If that makes sense.

Last edited by AlexofThundera; 06-22-2012 at 11:25 AM..
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote