Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #344
stac
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
I'll try to explain why I support Cheetara's decision the best I can right now.

They were basically given two options. Surrender and Tygra lives, or keep fighting and Tygra dies. One option was an absolute outcome. If they kept fighting Tygra would die.
But If they surrendered they might've been taken prisoner. There really wasn't any way for her to know for an absolute certainty that Slithe would call for them all to be killed anyway.
We do not know for a fact that Kaynar would have killed Tygra, even though it may have been very likely.

Cheetara did surrender and Lion-O was knocked out. They could have been taken prisoner then but were not. They were to be executed immediately.

Quote:
So she basically had a choice between an outcome that was certain and an outcome that might or might not work in her favor.
Even if we assume that Tygra's death was certain, her surrender did nothing to delay or prevent it!

Quote:
So she gambled on the uncertain outcome (where they could've been simply held prisoner) instead of the certain outcome (where Tygra would've definitely died).

And honestly, how do you know that Slithe didn't make his decision to kill them anyway because Lion-O wanted to keep fighting?
Slythe has constantly made his desire to kill the ThunderCats well known, for example, in the Song of the Petalars. Moreover, why did he bring in the new Generals?

Either way, what Slythe might have done is speculation.

There is too much speculation for your argument to work. Deal only with the information you know for certain.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote