Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
CommanderHazar
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I know that, and while this might be irrational, I'm not so confident that they'll release a full season set.

What I still don't get is why they're doing eight episode sets. Assuming they keep to the format for book three, that leaves two episodes homeless. Possibly even making them exclusive to a full season one set, screwing over anybody who was buying the books...
I saw something on the Shout Factory forums that might answer the questions about why they're splitting the season up like this. The explanation given there is that the large retailers refused to buy sets that were larger than two disks. From what B Ward said, the retailers were saying that they had trouble selling the larger sets and wanted them broken down into smaller releases that their customers could better afford.

Whether this holds true for Warner Bros, I don't know, but it might explain why they are dividing Thundercats into these smaller sets. If it does hold true, though, it's possible there may not be a full season set, for the same reasons mentioned above.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, unless someone can get some answers from WB.
CommanderHazar is offline   Reply With Quote