Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderHazar View Post
I saw something on the Shout Factory forums that might answer the questions about why they're splitting the season up like this. The explanation given there is that the large retailers refused to buy sets that were larger than two disks. From what B Ward said, the retailers were saying that they had trouble selling the larger sets and wanted them broken down into smaller releases that their customers could better afford.

Whether this holds true for Warner Bros, I don't know, but it might explain why they are dividing Thundercats into these smaller sets. If it does hold true, though, it's possible there may not be a full season set, for the same reasons mentioned above.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, unless someone can get some answers from WB.
I can understand that about the original show, but I don't think it should have any affect on the new one's DVD's. The os's dvd sets probably didn't sell so well because of the show itself. There's certainly a good amount of us T-cat fans out there, but I doubt there's enough of us to generate the sales a new show would. It also didn't help that they weren't really advertised well. I myself would have gotten them back when they were first released if I had known about them (I honestly didn't know about them till last year).

If they don't make a full season set, I hope that the books will still be available when it's evident that a full set won't be made. I would still prefer a full set, but if it comes down to either owning the books or not owning the show on DVD at all, I'll go with the books.

I just realized something. Isn't it a little odd that book 2 has the ultraviolet digital copy of it's episodes, when the first book didn't? I'm not against these digital copies, but it seems kind of pointless to have digital copies of episodes 9-16 without having one's of 1-8...
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote