TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #244
Altaica
Thunder Kitty
I have some mixed feelings about the finale. While over all I love the series I really do hope we get more insight as to just why the writers took Pumyra in this direction. I'm guessing on some mind tampering. I also would not be surprised if Pumyra equally takes out her anger on the lizards army as well. She does seem to have two personalities going on, suggesting some sort of fractured and flawed and messed with mind.

As far as the sudden knowledge of things, I have to wonder if they had more planned but ran out of time. I suppose some sort of genetic memory for the tiger clan could exist predisposing them to be good at piloting, or maybe there's some sort of magic involved in that bracer and new whip that he has that somehow beamed something into his memory like the book seems to have done with Lion-O. Or maybe he just has a natural aptitude as some people do. I'm curious as to the explanation. That may be something to ask over at the crewofomens tumblr page. (Thundercats Crew Blog) since the staff there does answer some questions about the show.

I like to think that Jorma helped them with some of the salvaging and repairs of the feliner like the berbils helped with the tank, and I do hope the iconic tank is repaired.

Standing on it's own merits and not comparing it to the old series I do like that there is an over arcing story and several subplots, even if they are rushed at points and leave us wondering. Putting my disappointment of taking one of the original shows Thundercats and turning them into a double agent aside, it does make for a good story. Pumyra was especially neglected in the original series and she has gotten some more development here. And it was pretty funny to see her get punked by a berbil.

I hope we see the same level of development for Bengali and Lynx-O in the next season (and I hope we have one). Given as how the Pumyra story arc was played out I can understand why Bengali and Lynx-O were not introduced around the same time as in the original series as it would have detracted from the story for her.

I certainly would like to see more development and story for Cheetara. I feel she is actually the most neglected of the main characters. I think there is a lot of potential for her character development and I would like to see more. I do agree with what was posted earlier too, it would have been more appropriate for the cleric to come to Lion-O at the end than Kit. I hope we get to see her stepping more into her role as cleric and also seeing more character development with her should the show continue.

Honestly if the shows writers wanted to capitalize on the show and tell more story without such time constraints they could always put out a series of novels or manga. That would give them the ability to explain more and give more detail and development. I'm sure there is a market for it.

Well, we shall see. I do enjoy the new series I just hope it continues.
Altaica is offline   Reply With Quote