Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
soundwave810
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinktank View Post
I too do do some of my project work the "by hand" way as well.
to be honest I find it more gratifying. I just like the reproducability
of printed parts.

I am very seriously interested in a few packs of weapons when this
plan comes to fruition.

If you need any assistance let me know.
I find it gratifying to do it by hand too but I also don't know how to sculpt(?) in 3D modeling programs. I'm not opposed to it either tho. Funny thing is, is that when you mentioned Shapeways I checked them out, and I've been there but the whole 3d modeling issue...

If and when I do need help I'll let you know. Btw what kind of help are you offering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinson View Post
Yea those lizard men weapons would be really cool to have
I'm going to start off with the melee/ edged weapons for the Lizards first since they're easier than the guns/ rifles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukkinmunky View Post
Awesome! I can't wait to see these things all finished.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about making these weapons. But one thing. I'll be selling them individually and not as a pack. The good news is that I'll be selling them at a reasonable price w/ reasonable shipping charges. I hate it when ppl/ stores charge you like $5 for shipping, on an items that they only really pay less than $1. I've seen it happen and that's not my style. If I'm gonna make $ I'd rather make it off of the item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLionO View Post
I'd be interested in those as well.
I am considering it my friend. The Sword of Omens might be an issue to cast though since it doesn't stay straight but maybe, just maybe....

So aside from the weapons I'm making a stand and I thought I'd share a the next step in the process.

I just need to tweak it a bit, but it's definitely getting made into a mold tomorrow! What do you guys think?
soundwave810 is offline   Reply With Quote