TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #59
Manic
Thunder Kitty
First and foremost, despite having been a fan of Thundercats for most of my life, I have no intention to compare the original show with the new one. I think it's better to let them stand on their own merits as they are two different takes on the Thundercats.

Like most, I was excited to hear of a new incarnation of Thundercats but disappointed that the show is not available on the air in Canada, which leaves me two options in order to view it: either watch it online or wait for the DVDs (what, no Blu-ray?!) and, naturally, since I dislike waiting until the release of the next set, I do both. My only gripe with the DVD release is it doesn't include the "movie" version of the premiere.

I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere, seeing the different takes on the familiar characters. The Thunderkittens having tails took a bit of getting used to and, at first, I wasn't sure whether or not Snarf was more annoying than the original, seeming like a "Pokemon" version of the character, but I've come to like the new Snarf. My absolute favourite part of the premiere, and this is my classic Thundercats fandom showing through, was Claudus brandishing the Sword of Omens and crying out "Thundercats, HO!"

My least favourite episode of the current batch (I have not seen episodes 9 or 10 yet) would be "Ramlak Rising" and the obvious Moby Dick rip while I would have to say the funniest moment so far was at the beginning of "The Song of the Petalars" involving Cheetara, Lion-O and some rather "bad timing" courtesy of Snarf.

I really do like the serialized build to the series thus far and hopefully the show will continue for many more episodes to come, supported by a successful toyline. I seriously hope it will not be like the Transformers franchise where a series and toyline are around for three seasons and then it's rebooted and everything starts at square one. I hope this incarnation of Thundercats grows to rival that of the original and, mostly, I hope some Canadian station will pick the show up!
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote