TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #63
Silverback
Thunder Kitty
There are multiple writers on this show and it would be unfair to lay the blame at any one persons feet. If memory serves me I think even Will Friedel wrote the second part of "The Trial Of Lion-O. Wich is unfortunate because the first part was written by someone else wich will without a doubt leave people feeling the arc is inconsistant. J. Micheal Strazinski wrote "The Song Of The Pettlers". If we had writing of that caliber on every episode it would be great in my opinion but probably go way over the heads of most of Cartoon Networks veiwers who like crap like Adventure Time. My kids love and watch both shows and I buy them toys. As for Ben 10, I agree the toys suck. But I feel the show has at times proven to be very mature just like with the new Thundercats series.

Anyone who has watched this new show can say there have been tons of nods and winks to the original series like "Ranken/Bass" being the magic word in "The Forever Bag", familiar voice cast appearances and other dialogue. Not to mention there is no character I can spot in this series and not immediately recognise them from the original show. This series has added far more depth to the characters and story than the original did in it's first season and from what I remember growing up with the original Thundercats is that Ranken/Bass's animation was very dark and moody japanese animation. Nothing as colorful or vibrant as this new series. This new series also borrows a lot of inspiration from other sources to give each new village or peoples our heroes come across a sense of their own culture and arcitecture. "The Drifter And The Duelist" is a good example of this if you pay attention to the background.

My girlfriend wants toys of the Drifter and Berbils. My kids want mor badguys cause their good guys have almost nobody to fight. I personally think this is the best cartoon I have ever seen. 2002 Masters of the Universe being a close second. I love Transformers though the Unicron Trilogy was terrible, the toys had some good design and gimmick ideas that were just executed poorly. Between Star Wars and Transformers I see a lot of fan bitching. I think if you feel you could do a better job then get into writing or animation and put your money, time and energy where your mouth is.

Even Hasbro has been hiking prices on their brands but offering less paint on Transformers, softer plastic and less accessories on Star Wars and crappy paint apps on Marvel Universe. Mattel has had enormous problems with Masters of The Universe Classics, Young Justice and Justice League Unlimited. Toy companies are using the economy as a tired excuse to cut corners and raise cost yet are making record profits. How does that even begin to make sense?

If nothing else I hope they do a 4 hour movie that wraps up the story like Farscape did. If only for the fans that supported this series and loved it. On the bright side they are bringing Teen Titans Go! Back with the same voice cast and all.
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote