Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1221
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako Crab View Post
Quick question to those that want Lion-O and Cheetara to get together- why is it so important to you that she choose him? By your own admittance, L/C got together in the original series, so you already got it your way. Why not let the T/C fans have their turn with the new series? And before you answer, "because that's the way it's always been," is not a good reason. New series, new take on the characters.

For me, I'm just glad that they finally included some romance in ThunderCats and addressed the one issue that's been driving fans to write fanfics for decades. I personally have no qualms whether Cheetara chooses Lion-O or Tygra, but now that she's chosen Tygra, I'm totally happy with that and think it works for those two.

So that's my excuse. For the rest of you pushing for L/C, why *MUST* you have Cheetara hook up with Lion-O? I'm not talking story reasons now. I'm asking you to examine your own biases and find out why it is that you feel these two must be together. Is it tradition? Some preconceived notion of the characters? You just like to see the main hero get the girl? What is it?

If there was no developing of L/C from E1, I would've been fine with the E13. If it was going to be T/C, I wanted it started earlier, not like how they did it.

L/C have always been linked, just like in the NS. That is something T/C don't have and she will always to be by his (lion-o) side due to her duty as a cleric. That is not fair for tygra. T/C will cause more problems than L/C.

I always wanted P/T. Pumyra would allow tygra to break from underneath lion-o's shadow (I think it is the other way around). Cheetara will always be a constant reminder that lion-o is king. It will always be a sore issue for either one.

I think tygra has to find himself, I think cheetara will only slow him down. Lion-o needs cheetara to master the sword and realize his destiny. She will be right by him the whole way. That is not fair to tygra.

If I was tygra, I would feel like I was always finishing in second place with the relationship L/C will have even if they are not a couple. That would only make me more jealous.

Also, the producers said thunderdads would be happy. What do you think they been waiting for? It wasn't lion-o saying Ho with the sword. It was the romances that were left open, L/C and T/P.

After the scene in E4, I really wanted to see L/C.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-17-2011 at 11:51 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote