Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 03:08 AM   #14
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
Comic Book Resources has interviewed Mike Raicht about his work on the upcoming GI Joe Infestation! IDW Infestation Info From NYCC was posted last October followed by subsequent covers and info for the main Infestation title later that month. CBR's interview revealed some interesting tidbits, with regards to focus and the cast:

While the Joes will play a role in the miniseries, the Baroness and her Cobra agents will be taking center stage in “G.I. Joe: Infestation.” “We were given the chance to play with a few very cool characters. On the Cobra side we have Baroness, Interrogator (from Max Brooks' awesome 'Hearts & Minds' series), and the BATS,” Raicht said. “We also get the chance to introduce a few Joes into the IDW continuity including Psyche Out, who, as crazy as it sounds, was always a personal favorite of mine.

“It's always a treat to put characters through their paces. Especially characters like the Baroness, who has a pathological need to be in control and will do just about anything to ensure it. Putting a character like the Baroness, who is the ultimate survivor, into a situation where she does not have all of the angles covered makes for some pretty combustible moments in the book. That's fun for me as a writer. I fear for those around her.”

Raicht's choice to focus on the bad guys reflects to some degree his preference amongst IDW's current “G.I. Joe” series. “I've always been a big fan of 'G.I. Joe' but I've become a huge fan and reader of the current 'Cobra' series. I like to think we tried our best to mirror that feel and intensity,” Raicht said. “[Christos] Gage, [Mike] Costa, [Antonio] Fuso, and Schmidt are doing an awesome job with Chuckles, Tomax, Xamot and Cobra. The book keeps me coming back just to see what happens next. I think that's the tone we tried to bring to the table for this story. Hopefully that grittiness, intensity and uncertainty of what could possibly happen next, comes through in these issues.

Are you looking forward to the Infestation?
Original Source: Mike Raicht Talks GI Joe Infestation - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote