TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #74
Swontonimus Prime
Thunder Kitty
I am not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but I've noticed that based on the way they explained the mythology of the current Thundercats (mostly from the first episode, especially the way the Thundercats talk about the Sword of Omens and Mumm-ra), the current Thundercats could be descendants from the original series. Maybe I watched Transformers Beast Wars too much, but the setup so far can lead to several different ways and I think if the writers wanted to, they could take the descendants route and be successful. I know it can be a stretch to say that everything is happening again in almost the exact same way as their ancestors did with the same names and all, but we can still have some leeway with it.

This idea is based on the fact that the Thundercats population and King Claudis laughs at technology as if it was a myth, including the story of Mumm-ra. Maybe all of this happens long AFTER the original Lion-O defeated Mumm-ra and sealed him in his own fortress with the Sword of Thundera. After Mumm-ra's defeat, Lion-O ushered in a new kingdom and thus, the new Thundera began. And after several hundreds of years, for some unexplained reason, technology and the story of Mumm-ra became stories of old. The current Thundercats have already colonized Third Earth and built their own kingdom. They refer to their kingdom as Thundera, but maybe they don't realize they were FROM a planet called Thundera. So it is possible that they could be the descendants from the original Thundercats. I would love to see them go with this story. It would be a very cool way to connect the two series, like how Transformers did it with Beast Wars.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
I've considered the possibility, but if I had my choice, I'd rather he not be. Would feel odd if he was the alien who crashed on their planet, sort of a reversal of the original show... Which I suppose, if they handled it well, I'd be ok with it. Though I have to admit, the Thundercats turning out to be descended from a race of aliens that crashed onto Third Earth a long time ago would be more appealing to me, lol.
Swontonimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote