TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #76
Swontonimus Prime
Thunder Kitty
Exactly, not likely, since the series does give a feeling that it wants to be its own legacy. However, like I said, the coincidences of the names could be just left to our stretch of imagination. Just curious, what differences are you referring to that you think would make it a big problem in making this a sound and logical sequel. I haven't rewatched all the episodes, but the two filler episodes don't seem to add much to the mythology, so I guess it would be based on the first hour and the last episode possibly? So far, from what I recall, most of the Thundercat mythologies are all vague and can be rewritten to be reconned later on to fit the old series, if they wanted to do so without creating too many major plot holes. Or maybe I am just grasping at straws in hopes they connect the two series. I loved the art and voice casting from the original series, but this series has so much more depth and better writing that finding a way for the two to coexist in the same world would be cool.

On a sidenote:
The new Voltron sucks .. like every other reincarnation of Voltron. They need to make a Voltron series for the orignal fans that grew up. They should start by watching the new Thundercats and Beast Wars on how to re-start a popular cartoon series. Toys don't sell as well as they can if no one cares about the characters the toys are based off of.

GI Joe Renegades, GI Joe: Resolute, GI Joe: Sigma 6 were actually pretty good, but then again, they are reboots and not actual sequels. Everything else, sequel or not has sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
It's a possibility, but in the end, not very likely. I doubt technology would have been forgotten like that. Also, the new team is too similar to the original team to just be a coincident. There are definitely certain elements that could have lead this series to be a sequel to the original, but there's too many differences for that to make sense.

If it does somehow turn out that they are the descendants of the original show's cast, than it's even a more amazing show, as most new shows that are created as sequels to their predecessors turn out horrible (G.I.Joe and Voltron are two that come to mind). It would mean that it's actually possible to make a sequel to an old TV show and have it not suck, lol.

Last edited by Swontonimus Prime; 08-23-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Swontonimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote