TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #221
The Superman J
Man of Steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshon View Post
1.I said look at the series as a whole does that not include the pilot? My comment about the pilot was meant to mean exactly what u said stop cherry picking and rationalizing the things we have seen thus far but when its something u don't want to consider or believe(its called selective reasoning, basically making excuses) u say well in this ep or in the pilot he did this like it make up for something we have seen done beyond the pilot.2. In my opinion killing period is wrong but no matter the circumstance or situation u can never resolve urself of it.3.I have already clearly stated my feelings of how I don't have a favorite or dislike any of the characters.4. Let sumone with Tygras mentality kick you down a pit and leave you then let me know how that feels5.You really not a attentive person why would I be offended.6. Your just not understanding any thing I've said which is fine

1. See your own quote, for the second time.
Quote:
The pilot is the pilot look at the series as a whole so far with the info we have and make your statements. opinions ,judgements etc...
Pretty much what I said stands. You are the one cherry picking, to take examples of character behavior from across the pilot, individual episodes, and flashbacks we have seen IS looking at the series as a whole. Not only is it looking at the series as a whole, its looking at the character and his choices and actions as a whole. Then evaluating them as a whole. Weighing them against each other, because despite you not wanting to admit it, morality and good vs evil is very much a scale. Even the example you used of killing 1 person to save 1000 is a scale. That 1 life is not worth the lives of 1000. You are assigning value to something, therefore making it measurable against something else. That is a scale.

Then there is you, who seem to be determined only to look at the latest episode, at one particular 10 second flashback without any credit or mention of anything else regarding the character, what we know of him, or other events that have happened.

You are the definition of Selective Reasoning. Let me help you out as I don't think you have a full grasp on this concept. (The more scientifically correct term would be Confirmation Bias, but we will go with yours for sake of arguement)

Selective reasoning, or pseudoscience, relies on the use of particular facts, beliefs, and unconfirmed opinions to foster a false understanding of events and things. - Taken as a direct quote from The Decline of Reason? by Jerre H. Lipps. Which is available online as an article from The Fossil Record, at the University of California Museum of Paleontology.

I'd really like to put emphasis on this. It is exactly what you are doing, and exactly what I described you as doing in my first post to you. Want proof? Here is just one example. You clearly state...

Quote:
Let sumone with Tygras mentality kick you down a pit and leave you then let me know how that feels
You completely dismiss the whole dialogue and scene of him saying he was scared at first, immediately regretted it, and ran until he was clearly at the point of physical exhaustion to get help for Lion-O. He went straight to his father, told him Lion-O needed help quickly and that it was his fault.

I hate to have to even touch on the fact that Tygra did not kick him down into a pit, he kicked a log that broke and so he fell. He did leave, but to get help which cannot be denied....considering that Lion-O is still here present day and not at the bottom of a well. If you are trying to refer to present day, at no point did I see Tygra leave Lion-O in the well. He turned his back and stepped away after an adrenaline filled fight with his brother that Lion-O is just as much involved in. Not to mention, the both of them concluded and reasoned that this Spirit Realm was having an adverse affect on them, meaning it was amplifying their agressive tendencies. Someone behind the scenes controlling what was happening and they both overcame this manipulation, with Tygra jumping into the hole after Lion-O and saving him from falling. Selective Reasoning indeed.

I'd advise you not to just throw out terms to which you aren't clear on. Believe it or not, quite a few of us on here are properly educated. (And those of us that aren't still probably recognize the value of using reference material to self educate themselves on something before speaking, which in itself is very smart.)

2. Not going to find much disagreement here, killing is typically wrong and not the most preferred course of action. However the world is never just black and white and rarely is anything that simple especially in terms of morality. What I said still stands, you used a very poor example to convey an almost absent point. You sound exactly like someone who would sacrifice a thousand people just to save someone who is important to you, and only you. That is also a very clear indiciation of an attachment issue, maybe even bordering on being possessive.

3. What you state and what you show are two different things. Much like your "do as I say not as I do" mentallity in this arguement. Hypocrits are good at that.

4. Since you asked, I will tell you. EVERYONE has been, or has felt like they have been, betrayed or hurt. Why does this one thing run your entire arguement and take up your entire view? You say you have siblings; so you've never had an arguement or caused any type of jealous, anger, hurt, or sour feelings towards one of them? I know I have been both the cause and on the receiving end of such feelings. So it feels pretty bad at the time, but just as they say things heal with time. As soon as it happens, it hurts the most, emotions are high, there is the shock factor but soon you get control of yourself and give it some thought and guess what, you keep on being siblings/friends/family. Its called forgiveness and a little bit of understanding that goes a long way. Sounds to me like you don't let go, and hold grudges for life.

5. Ah yes, the real meat and potatoes of your arguement. Basically you don't have one. You haven't really responded directly to any comment, just beaten around the bush and thrown out a few misused terms and ideas. Next course of action, blame everyone else.

6. See number 5. Not the first time I have seen you post in this thread that someone isn't understanding you. Time to take a step back and look at why people aren't understanding you. Is it the fact that what you keep saying completely conflicts with what you do? Maybe the fact that your "feelings and opinion" are based solely on one event...while you tell us to look at the series and character as a whole. Refer back to your Selective Reasoning, which I might add, is very much not "basically making excuses". Maybe it is the poor communication skills that you have? Maybe you just can't convey your thoughts correctly? Who knows, because no one understands you and apparently you are fine with that.

Last edited by The Superman J; 11-30-2011 at 11:28 AM..
The Superman J is offline   Reply With Quote