TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #250
XiaCheyenne
Thunder Kitty
In repons to the last two posts, I think that you are reading too much into it. I believe the writers are following the comic book to the letter. In the comics, Tygra always had a resentment of Lion-O and it was never really dealt with, and whether or not anyone likes it...Cheetara was ALWAYS for Tygra. The introduction of other femailes is irrelevant right now...Lion-O has to learn to be the Lord he was destined to be.
Everything up until this point has been to show the young Lord what he would need to do to finally rid Third Earth of Mumm-ra...even losing Cheetara to his big brother. Betrayal is something that every leader should be made aware of, be able to recover from, and be able to rise above. Many on here have said that Tygra didn't betray hoim, but he did...and in doing that, Tygra may have met his downfall. The respect that Lion-o had in his brother, strained or otherwise, has been seriously damaged. It is doubtful that he will bounce back from this quickly, I feel that he will be sullen and withdrawn for a bit.
Cheetara too will feel the withdrawal and I suspect that it will be a little while before they find out why he has pulled back from them. No, I don't think it'll turn into hatred, but it will strngthen Lion-O resolve to be the best that he can be...to truly be the Lord of the Thundercats.
The writers aren't trying to be pro-Tygra, they are trying to give the reason why he is the way he is towards his brother. This also gives the setting for Lion-O growth as a leader that can learn from such horrible events and come out on top.
XiaCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote