TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
Kregermeister
RANKINBASS!
Believe me I dont wanna spread false rumors, OR give false hope. Ive been in the collecting bizz since the day I was born. Im only going by how toy companies/distribuiters act. ToysRUs, Target and Walmart would have had to keep ordering product, the ratio's were bad and they got stuck with stuff. My walmart has 90 Lion-O's 2000 Mumm-Ra's and enough Thundertanks to feed a starving village.... of kids.... who eat plastic..?

You know what Im saying lol.

Fact is, The NEW waves are the SAME as the old, with 1 figure or 2 added. If a diehard like myself isnt buying a case of the old crap just for a Tygra no matter how "valuable" he is, why would a company that ONLY wants money do that? For a 14 dollar sale? Doubt it.

Bandai's replys were opened ended beg's for us to tell Retailers we want stuff. But we want NEW stuff, not more of whats not selling +1. Ya know? Prototypes of wave 3 woulda surfaced somehow or have been made by this point... it would take almost a year for the items to pop up packaged, no store is gunna drop it and come back a year later to a item that wouldnt sell at all.... like MOTU 200X to classics.... stores still dont want classics, look at the DCU VS. Classics packs.. they are dust collectors. We want X and kids want Z. If this was 1985 it would be a different game.

If the line DID continue (I hope it does) it would probably end up over sea's for 1 or 2 more waves. Probably like how Mummies Alive ended up and so many good lines like that. As for Tygra and Slithe, they are made and they ARE out there. No retailer has gotten past Spring ASST 1..... so they cant debut ASST 1.5. If stores drop it by then, those cases will float and pop up. Its how toy collecting has always worked.

Im glad a few of you understand im not being a jerk, im being honest. If you want the line to continue, tell people to watch the show and if ratings are up toys will be made. If not, get what you can from E-tailers and be happy we got to relive our childhoods one more time. Im VERY thankful that I got to walk into a toys r us and walk out with 300.00 worth of Thundercats one last time.
Kregermeister is offline   Reply With Quote