TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #95
ChimmyCartoonKid
Thunder Kitty
THUNDER JEDI and others,
thanks for your honest advice and feedback.

you're almost undoubtedly right, but i'm sticking to my guns and ~$11 price for a tygra. a tygra fan regardless, i really do think there's a tipping point to where a living tiger should get more consideration than a plastic one. maybe i'll get one in time maybe not, as others have mentioned on here already, patience is a big key.

==================
to englishw exclusively - anyone else, i wouldn't waste your time reading these digressions -
you should have just left it alone. but since you've chosen not to, i'll take the time to point out to you that perhaps you should have actually READ my posts again, and considered what i was saying, instead of simply, 'thinking' so much about what you thought they meant. and instilling your own perception on my meaning and who i was attacking.

did i find this forum in an attempt to gain a prespective on what can be expected of the recently in question thundercat new show and toylines. i sure did. did i gain perspective on both having been in the forums for a short time yes!, and have i expressed my opinions and contributed my thoughts, as does everyone, as is in part the purpose of a forum. I sure have. Does the fact that i'm new make my opinions any less valuable than someone who has been here longer.... i'd hope by now that answers pretty self evident.

your entitled to your own opinion, your entitled to spend your money as aptly or foolishly as you please, as is everyone else. but that doesn't make what any of what i said untrue, inaccurate, or unwise.
it's my opinion on what's absurd, and i'm confident i provided enough objective examples to point out my argument and show its a very fair and well considered opinion at that. i never said people should live off bare bones and donate all their money to people in need or any bleeding heart bs like that, though i anticipated some haughty quick to offend individuals might take it the wrong way, and made an effort to write it as such that i was siting specific examples, and ideas, and not overgeneralizing or sounding unrealistic.
i'm just putting things into perspective. as i explicitly pointed out.

did i hurt your feeling by calling you a fool for spending far more on plastic than its worth whether in production or practical necessity purpose, perhaps i did. Do i really care if i offended you by putting your sensibilities into question? haha! hell no. do i still think anyone who spends excessive prices, beyond MSP is a fool, you bet i do! As do many around here seem to, based off the other comments about scalpers and ruining the fun of action figures. i never condemned anyone who is willing to spend over clearance price, i just mentioned that was my personal ideal. and made a rather astute point on how money in such excess could be spent to better the greater good and save something that is actually RARE and alive, and the direct result these characters exist. instead of simply being selfish and inconsiderate of others beyond yourself. i stand by that.

i never said i expect a figure or am entitled to one. i never went anywhere near even demanding one. did i ever state anyone is obligated to give me one at my price preference or any impertinence like that? i simple put it out very directly that if anyone happens to have one, i love to get one. if you actually read my post that you keep referring to, you'd know i stated, i new i was behind the curve and didn't expect to get but just wanted to let it be known by chance there's one. i don't see anything wrong with that. it doesn't hurt to ask.

your examples on the otherhand are simply trying to defend your own actions, and don't really hold ground in comparison to the statements and considerations i presented for consideration. this shows me you weren't really reading my posts, as much as 'reading into' them. as i've said, you're more than welcome to do that, but don't expect me or any other practical objective individual to think its any less absurd than previously mentioned.

this isn't a place for collectors, which i clearly am not. it's a place for thundercats fans, which i am. collectors, toy enthusiasts, cartoon watchers, etc. all alike. so where do you get off trying to tell me i don't belong, because i'm not a collector and have my own justified opinions, which may happen to conflict with your ideals.
================

--again, thanks to everyone that has made considerate observations and suggestions, it has helped put this tygra conundrum into a point of understanding, and i hope this thread topic won't go off course any further.---

Last edited by ChimmyCartoonKid; 01-17-2013 at 10:54 PM..
ChimmyCartoonKid is offline   Reply With Quote