Community Rules Today's Posts Search

Thread: G.I. Joe News
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #1253
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Shin Densetsu @ HissTank.com

Quote:
AintItCoolNews recently interviewed GI Joe Retaliation director Jon Chu, where he cleared up a frequent subject of debate, "Is Rex Lewis the Cobra Commander in Retaliation?":

I don’t know where all this crazy, speculative stuff came from. We were asked the question, Lorenzo [di Bonaventura, Producer) and I at Toy Fair...

‘Is that the same actor’?

I was like...

‘No, its not the same actor’.

‘Is that Joseph Gordon Levitt?’

‘No, it is not!’

But it is Rex!

We are continuing that story, there is no other Cobra Commander. We can put that rumor to rest. I was waiting for this moment to finally clarify, I’m glad you asked that.

When asked if Duke dies in the movie, Chu replied:
"All I can say is: you should always expect the unexpected in the G.I. Joe. ALWAYS expect the unexpected"

Chu also mentioned the Cobra Special Forces, and more, for before the movie and possibly afterwards.....

"We are having a lot of fun with Cobra ‘being’ the Joes in this version. As you know, the multi-media aspect of movies now means the story doesn’t begin and end in the movie, it actually can begin way before...online...and can continue afterwards. We have stuff going on that you should be looking out for online such as the ‘Cobra Special Forces’ site, its all part of our goal.

We have a lot of little things that I don’t want to spoil, other than to look out for them.

Maybe there’s some Cobra cover companies, maybe there are characters that we are setting up here who come back in a different form. Definitely there’s some things in there which may seem like ‘nothing in this movie, but they have a purpose!
"
Original Source: Jon Chu Clears Up Speculation - Cobra Commander In Retaliation IS Rex Lewis - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote