Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #398
FreakinZoid
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balgus82 View Post
If I've understood interviews and personal talks correctly what they're trying to do with this reboot is to make it so some of the things we took for granted in the OS are built up to instead of just given at the start. As we continue on, the show is gradually getting more and more like the OS on certain things. But of course artists need to be creative, and they have to put their own spin on things else they'll burn out on the project.

IMO, those same people who initially were turned off by the show at the beginning, might like it better after a couple more seasons (if it continues that long). But that's just my personal take on it.

Personally, I don't put much stock into the crew interviews and such. I follow the mantra of trust episodes, not interviews. All to often, what is said and what is shown are quite different. I get the feeling that most of the time, the crew just tells people what they figure they'll want to hear.
Case in point, I remember hearing in an interview that the DC comic would not be used as reference but from watching the cartoon, it is glaringly obvious that the TC crew are drawing heavily on the comics.

In a way, I see the show as moving more away from the OS as it progresses.

You might be right about those who were put off at the beginning but it seems that as the show progresses, more and more OS fans (I've seen them referred to as ThunderDads lol) put down the remote and walked away. I'm not saying it's a stone cold fact, just my observation based on reading comments on variuos boards, looking at episode ratings, and general chat.
FreakinZoid is offline   Reply With Quote