TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #79
Swontonimus Prime
Thunder Kitty
Actually, I really enjoy Transformers Prime. I do understand the annoyance with the kids, however, Miko is my favorite and the most enjoyable (tolerable) human. The rest are bleh, and Jack is getting annoying. To me, I perceive her as getting all of them in trouble because she knows that's what going to happen anyway and still does it for the rush, however, the rest of the humans are generally just too stupid to know anything. hahaha I do wish they would lessen the human involvements in these stories and give them less of a role like the original series. As for the formula they use, yes, it can get tiresome, but, at least, it's not the same Pokemon "gotta get them all" formula that the Minicon/Energon story arc had. Given how our culture has changed and how TV for kids have changed, too, I can understand why the series have been so kiddie-centric. They want to sell shit to kids and make them beg their parents to buy all their crap. Also, our corporate media has created a culture of stupid people who can't think for themselves, so TV and movies have to dumb it down for them, thus the vicious cycle continues. Sure, most of the 80s cartoons are almost unwatchable by grownup standards, but they still set a standard in creating memorable mythology and unforgettable characters. The stories are simple, but not so simple that it has to hold your hand through everything and explain everything for you, which is what cartoons of the 2000s up to now give off the feeling of. Not all cartoons, but a lot of them do. Unfortunately, there are not that many original IPs not associated to the 80s/90s IPs that can stand on its own. Hell, they can't even do a reboot of an existing IP w/o screwing it up. ie Voltron. This is why I believe the cartoons of the 80s/90s were the best times for cartoon/Saturday morning lineup and I say that after I got over the nostalgia factor. No, really. hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
The new Voltron indeed does suck! So does Transformers Prime. When are cartoon writers going to realize that having a little gang of disobedient teens getting into all kinds of trouble does not make for a good story. Every episode is the same: There's a situation, the adults/robots go to deal with it, they tell the kids to stay. The kids follow even though they know they shouldn't. The kids get into more trouble and the adults have to rescue them. The kids, who are awesome, can somehow manage to save the day. Everyone gets together for a group hug and a laugh. Woohoo! Pay me the big bucks for coming up with the plot lines for the next 50 episodes!!

Last edited by Swontonimus Prime; 08-24-2011 at 02:41 PM..
Swontonimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote