TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #80
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Transformers Animated started out with a clip from an old G1 episode called "War Dawn" and later we see Optimus is watching this as an old history tape... Which of course, does NOT mean Animated is descended from the G1 universe. It's just a nod to us fans, from the creators. I see the same here, and see little reason to think much about it.

OFF-topic, but TF Prime is quite... mediocre. It's not bad. Armada, Energon, RID, Cybertron... those were BAD. Prime, simply, just... has no soul. The CGI budget limits don't help either (few characters, easily disposable Con stormtroopers, same bland grand canyon settings every week) or the horribly wooden acting of Peter Cullen... I can't believe I am saying, it, but he was better in the movies then he's in the cartoon. Also, the whole thing is drawn out. More things happened in 3 episodes of Thundercats then the whole 22 episodes of Prime. (Oh and Miko needs to die, horribly. Getting into trouble a few times, Sari or Spike did that too... but after almost dying in a cave-in also due to her fault, 1 episode later she sneaks after the bots to snap pictures of a battle? GAH! And she does this every friggin' time...) The only thing I enjoy in Prime is Knockout, who is an excellent character, Arcee, who has finally some character depth, and poor Skyquake, who sadly got killed off just when he started getting interesting.

Back on topic... I simply love the designs used for the lizard guards/miners in this episode. They looked a lot like the two that Lion-O freed in the first episode. I wonder whether that angle will come into play later... Lion-O will be much less keen on peace then before, and the lizards have practically won. But as the preview shows, they are now simply under a new master who does not seem to value them much (from the way Mumm-Ra treats Slithe). Having pretty much gotten what they wanted, namely fertile land and food for their families, I wonder how long they'll want to serve Mumm-Ra.

Also, I am curious how the other "mutants" will come into play. I doubt they'll start out as Mumm-Ra's allies. Maybe they'll even be his enemies, considering how much the balance of power changed after the destruction of the Thundercat empire.
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote