TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
decepticat
Snarf!
You know as someone who is in his 40s, I watched the original and really loved it despite it seeming silly/too humorous at times i.e always ending show with a laugh. Plus I really hated in the 80's when there couldn't be death or injury so if a plane blew up they had to show the pilot parachuting to safety.

That being said, the new version of Thundercats is great. They are building an all new mythology{a much darker/serious one} that may even include some of our other favorites later{Silverhawks, Tigersharks}. Even with this new mythology and new ideas on the characters, they continue to give nods to the older ones of us who remember the classics. I think that is just awesome that we get a new show, new mythology, updates on our characters, and yet they don't forget that there was a classic that allowed all this to happen.

As far as the new cats and their designs after 7 episodes I feel ready to give an honest opinion{and it is just mine not necessarily anyone elses}. Lion O, I was never a fan of in the classic, I really didn't like him. This new version is slowly winning me over. Cheetara, was one of my favs and the new version I actually like better. Tygra I'm beginning to like. Panthro, my fav from the original, I'm coming around to his new look but the personally is really great in the new version. MummRa is pretty much the same so I'm good with it{though he seems alittle more menacing even in his mummy form than the original}. Now on to the Wilys and Snarf. Ok, I will draw fire Im sure for this but I HATED all three in the original. I hated their characters, I hated the humor that they were only used for, Snarf really was fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Now, for the new takes on them. I love the Wilys as street smart street urchins. Snarf is one of my favorites now. All three seem to still be used for comedy but in small very effective doses.

So while I will always love the classics, this new version seems well on its way to being a classic with me as well. So many shows/movies get redone and fall short of our classics so I'm so glad that isn't the case with Thundercats. Hooooo!
decepticat is offline   Reply With Quote