Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #148
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I agree with you here, but this is sort of the fault of the writers again. They've been continuously bringing up his role as king and then having people disrespect him. That's counter-intuitive. Either mention he's king and show them being good subjects, or just leave it be mostly. They know what a king is, to show them constantly disrespecting a king they say they're loyal to makes them look just as bad as a king who can't earn his position.

That is EXACTLY the point of checks and balances. That is why modern nations invented those and no longer have absolute monarchs. To try and avoid having dopes as our leaders(the success is questionable). As for kings and the church; if by checks and balances you mean they would periodically go to war and attempt to murder each other, then yeah sure they had checks and balances.
I hate history. Sure stuff it into my brain during K-12, but why make me take it in college. I has nothing to do with my major, I could be sleeping

I think it was Henry. Didn't the church prevent him from doing stuff? No, ok I'm stupid. Sorry.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote