TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
Ocelot
Thunder Kitty
Tygra

I just love the facesculpt on this guy. It's incredibly show-accurate. The paint apps are great. again like Lion-O some of the eyes aren't done entirely right, and on mine the eyebrows didn't line up with the sculpt, but you really have to be looking for the issue.

The articulation is almost as good as Lion-O He has no ab-crunch, but he does have waist articulation and the legs are as brilliantly articulated as Lion-O's. I actually hope these become the new standard in leg articulation as the range of movement and the poses you can pull off are great. Tygra's head is on a ball-joint, but the way his head is sculpted restricts his up/down movement a far bit.

In terms of accessories, Tygra has:
Bolo Whip (in 2 parts)
a retracted Bolo Whip
open right hand

So much less than Lion-O, but this is expected, and this is everything I'd want Tygra to have.
The decision to put the whip in 2 parts is a good one as it means the whip is articulated with a swivel so it really helps in posing. The retracted one is fairly uninspiring, and pretty much serves for him to hold when he's just chilling.

If there's anywhere to store it on the figure other than the hand, I've not found it.

While Tygra isn't quite as good as Lion-O in terms of accessories and articulation, I think he slightly trumps on sculpt. Both figures look great together, and I can't wait til some more are released......well I can, but that's only because I'm short on cash!

I'd urge anyone on the fence to get them as I was initially sceptical the first time I saw them both in packaging, but in hand, they're so much better.

Last edited by Ocelot; 12-13-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Ocelot is offline   Reply With Quote