Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #15
MegatronWolf
Overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Panthro and most of the other characters have been readily available around my area for some time now. Some of them were hard to find for the first month or so that they were out, but since then they haven't been too hard to find.

I doubt they'll be shipping out any of the wave one figures with wave two, so it's either pay more for a wave one Panthro, or settle for the wave two Panthro. Honestly I'm waiting for a show accurate gray furred Panthro, which might never happen...

The problem in my area is that only TRU had thundercat stuff up until recently and they never restock on a regular basis (hell none of the stores here restock on a regular basis), They'd get a case and as soon as they were put out the short packed figures were taken. Before you knew it the pegs were filled with mumras, lionos & tigras so they never ordered more. I still have hope of them mixing waves cause cheetara is in wave 2 assortments as is tigra. But since theres a new panthro theres less of a chance of the wave 1 version being thrown in. Maybe wave 3 (if there is one) or possibly a value pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongor View Post
I finally got my Wave 2 figures and I kinda like the new Panthro better. There's really nothing different about the figure outside of the face and the (IMO) cooler metal arms. I only have one Claudus and I don't want to open him but I can't find another for a reasonable price. I really want to pull him out of the package. Getting off track, sorry. The new Panthro is cool dude so don't be bummed about missing Wave 1. Otherwise just shell out the $13 for online purchase and shipping. It's double the cost of the figure but how much is your time and gas worth trying to track him down and coming back empty handed? I'm sure you've spent more than the $5 someone will charge you for shipping on gas already. You do have 2 decent options from where I stand. Good luck.

Like i said previously if i dont get a wave 1 version its not going to be the end of the world but id prefer to have it instead of the wave 2 one. My goal is to have 1 of every character so ill settle for the versions i can get but i have all but 1 wave 1 4" figure and thats panthro, id like to complete the set if i can. And trust me i havent wasted any gas or time looking(ok maybe time but not cash), i dont go out hunting just to hunt i only check out the stores if they're on the way. Luckily my bank is within a mile or 2 of a TRU, Target, Walmat, kmart and a gamestop so when i go there i can hit every store either to or from the bank. Plus i normally get out that way about once a week either by running errands or with my friends so theres no need to go just to go.

Now if i went out hunting ever other day wasting tons of money on gas like alot of people do then id say screw it & get one off ebay but since i dont i cant justify spending more than what the figure normally goes for. Plus im unemployed so im unable to pay high prices for a little piece of plastic. Also now that i think of it, if i was going to spend $15 i might as well just pick up the 6" version which is easily found around here. But anyway I picked up the wave 2 version the other day with the new Mumm-Ra so if i cant get a wave 1 version im fine, I dont mind the arms its just the head that bothers me.

But on another note damn do i want a Claudus, i got to the walmart just after they put out the new stuff but there were none, they had the new 6" cheetara so i was just excited to get her. 2 days later half of what was there was gone thats when i decided to get the wave 2 panthro & mumm-ra but it shows that there are scalpers around or just really greedy collectors. Going to keep my eyes on toysrus.com since i get free shipping with them & target since they havent restocked anything since december.
MegatronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote