TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #32
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
The problem is, there are a lot of gimmick figures which suffer in articulation (see Slithe's legs for example, which are not even moveable) due to the gimmick. This would have been fine in say, 1985, but in 2011? Really? It's like we are going backwards in engineering. I'd like to point the designers to Superman TAS boxing Darkseid/Superman (from 1990) or Deluxe Animated Optimus Prime (from 2007), both toys have pull-back punching action AND are well-articulated and Prime can even transform into a truck...

Then again, this is Bandai. Just compare their Power Rangers zords to any Transformer, and you'll see why these toys end up this way.

I am quite sure however, we will get a normal, no-extra-action-feature Slithe down the line. I will stick to the 6 inch figures with the main cast, and get guys like Claudus, Slithe and (he is 100% coming someday) Jaga in the 4 inch line. The 4 inch main cast are all quite forgettable.

I also wish they had bothered to paint 6 inch Panthro's nunchucks, I mean, really, that's just lazy.

If this was Mattel or Hasbro, we would probably have upteenth Lion-O figures with new action features, BUT (like in Star Wars or Justice League), we would also get guys like the Drifter, random Lizard troopers, Leo, Elephants, Berbils etc... in every wave. This series has such a huge cast of well-designed guest starts, it would be a pity if they did not get made into toys.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 11-23-2011 at 05:22 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote