TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #102
stac
Thunder Kitty
This love triangle is a disaster and the writers did a terrible job in handling the way it unravelled. While their aim must have been to make the viewers feel the same ‘betrayal’ Lion-O felt, they wrecked Cheetara’s character in the process.

I disagree with those who say Lion-O was reckless in his attempt to free the captured lizards. After all, he did not know about the new Generals. Granted, while Lion-O responses to Cheetara may have been emotionally charged, I feel his actions were not. They were rational and fit in with his overall strategy. Indeed, it was Lion-O who kept working towards the vision of uniting all animals.

This ‘post-kiss’ Cheetara has completely changed the power dynamics within the team. Cheetara’s decision to surrender was made out of desperation, to buy more time (for Tygra). However, as we saw, the moment she did that, they lost any chance they had of surviving the battle. Lion-O was right to want to continue fighting, it was the right strategy. Cheetara, on the other hand acted on her emotions. The line “I need to stick with him” was very revealing.

Also, I was under the belief that the Clerics’ job was to protect the King. Cheetara might as well have knocked Lion-O unconscious herself and handed him over to Slythe.
stac is offline   Reply With Quote