Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #146
ThundeRSS
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Originally posted by: Joe Moore @ Toyark.com

Quote:
Art Asylum has revealed a new series of Marvel Minimates. The newly unveiled figures are based on the upcoming film X-Men First Class.

"Hi everyone, Barry Bradfield here (or, DSTBarry), colourist and designer for Minimates. I’ve had the chance to work on a number of Minimates based on fantastic Marvel movies since I began working on Minimates, but I came to the game just a bit too late to work on the X-Men Last Stand series. So, Wolverine aside (he’s really his own franchise character now in my mind), I never got a chance to work on X-Men movie characters. That changed recently when we were given the chance to design the X-Men First Class series based on this summer’s film!

Just like the film’s fast-tracked release, we had to move quickly to get these figures ready. While DSTUriel, our lead designer got to work on character faces, I set about choosing colours that best fit the reference provided. I would also block (no pun intended) out the characters so they were ready to have Uriel’s part of the design added. Once he sent his art along, I placed it in and tweak it according to suggestions made by DSTRobert. We would also look at new reference as it became available and decide on changes that could be made to make a more accurate figure.

While some characters went through minor alterations (almost none at all) others got revised heavily based on better costume suggestions from the licencor. I have to say the figures are better for it to! I’m quite partial to the lovely Emma Frost Minimate that came about due to a suggested costume change!

In the end, all involved are really excited to have added these characters to the Marvel Movie Minimates Family, and personally, it’s pretty cool to have added X-Men to my own list of ‘Mates worked on.
"

See the photos by clicking the headline of the story.
Original Source: X-Men First Class Minimates Revealed by Art Asylum - Toyark.com - Action Figures and Toys
ThundeRSS is offline   Reply With Quote