TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #89
Beast Arrow
Thunder Kitty
I'm starting to think that the world Mumm-Ra and the Thundercat ancestor attacked at least 5000 years prior is Brimstar from the Silverhawks show. I ran into this explanation on TVTropes, and it really fits.

* 1.) The world that was attacked in the flashback is red with a single moon. In Silverhawks, Brimstar is red with a single moon (the Moon-star):

* 2.) Word Of God (Producer Michael Jelenic): "It's possible Silverhawks could appear in this universe. Warner Bros.. owns the Silverhawks, they own the Tiger Sharks... it wouldn't be reaching to think that characters from both of those series might show up in this series. Mon-Star might make an appearance." From this interview.
* 3.) Both Silverhawks Big Bad Mon*Star and Mumm-Ra himself use a similar incantation to transform themselves into a more powerful being. This could also mean that the Ancient Spirits of Evil in the 2011 continuity is the same power Mon*Star calls upon to transform; Mumm-Ra just calls this power the "Ancient Spirits of Evil" because he learned how to invoke it so long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejrussell View Post
Well I'm in major disagreement with some folks here as far as Mumm-Ra's transformation was concerned: It freakin' rocked my socks. This is what we call a VILLAIN! This Mumm-Ra has, in his two major appearances, done more damage and has shown more evil than his 80's counterpart did in the ENTIRE ORIGINAL SERIES! I know some people still want some of that 80's charm and magic but honestly it's time to move on. The original will always be there for us and will always be great, so there is no reason that T-Cats 2011 can't be great too.
I totally agree with this. Yes, the 80's Mumm-Ra has his nostalgic charm, but there are times I get sick of his stereotypical 80's gravelly inhuman voice that most 80's cartoon villains have, the painfully slow speed at which he speaks ("WHEREVER THERE IS...EVIL.....MUMM-RA....LIIIIVES! MUMM-RA LIIIIIIVES!!! MUMMMMMMM-RRRRAAAAAAAA...A-LIIIIIIIIIVES!!! AAAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHA!!!!" "GIVE ME...THE FORM OF..DOCTOR DOMETONE...KEEPER OF...THE OCEANIC...PLUG!!!!"), and his ineptitude against the Thundercats with all the power and leniency the Ancient Spirits of Evil give him. I don't recall 80's Mumm-Ra EVER winning anything against the Thundercats. 2011 Mumm-Ra, however, has masterminded Thundera's downfall in the premiere, does not rely on his Ever-Living form to fight personally against the Thundercats (heck, he's shown to be a force to be reckoned with in his decayed form), and acts like a genuine villain rather than just a schemer like his 80's counterpart.

Last edited by Beast Arrow; 08-29-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Beast Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote